Providing practical, down-to-earth advice for family historians since 1995, online since 1985.
ACROSS MY DESK: TMG Version 6.04 is out
=== TMG v6.04 is now available ==================
The Master Genealogist v6.04.000 is now available. This free update includes a collection of bug fixes and a few new or changed features as follows:
o Local sentences are now available for both P1 and P2 when the role is the default role of Principal.
This allows users to create separate local sentences for each Principal in tags that have two Principals entered.
Note to users who customize local sentences in the default "Principal" role: Now that sentences for the two principals can be customized individually, keep in mind that if you customize the sentence for one Principal, the second Principal will continue to use the default sentence unless you also modify the sentence for that second Principal.
o Right-click menu options were added to the ToolTip message field on the Custom Toolbar Manager screen.
o Added an option to allow filtering the List of Tasks report for tasks that are linked to a source that is itself linked to a particular repository. (List of Tasks filter, Field="Linked Source", Subfield="Any linked Repo ID"). Note that this is not the same thing as filtering for tasks that are directly linked to a particular repository (Field="Linked Repo").
o Add Person
- When a wife was added, duplicate citations were added to the Name-Marr tag. In addition to fixing the problem, this version automatically deletes one of each pair of duplicate citations that were created as a result of this bug.
- When Add Person included name tags and the names entered lacked either a given name or surname, the inferred part was not being added when the tags were saved.
o Tag Entry Screen - After searching the Project Explorer and then editing any tag, typing F4 opened the Master Tag Type List rather than the Citation screen.
o Relationship tag - If you edited a tag and expanded the memo field with F7 without first clicking into the memo field, any edits/additions to the memo were lost when the memo was saved.
o Sentence variables - Conditional brackets (< >) didn't work for the [FATH] and [MOTH] variables.
o Data Set Manager - The scroll bar for the read-only memo field didn't work.
o Expanded Picklist
- A grayout occurred after running the Picklist several times in succession.
- A grayout occurred after saving an empty filter.
- Names in the list were not displayed correctly after running certain filters.
- The Expanded Picklist should open faster without a period of jumping around.
- A language issue was fixed for the Event mode Options screen.
o Report Definition Screen - When selecting the subject for a report and using Search in Picklist to select a person, the Report Definition Screen was closed after making the Picklist selection.
- Could appear under floating toolbars.
- You received an erroneous prompt if you edited a Tag Type and then clicked [Cancel].
- No prompt occurred when a History tag was saved with no witnesses.
o Research Tasks - The date fields are now validated.
o Merge Two People - You couldn't add ID numbers with the numeric keypad.
o Visual Chartform
- For projects with many long memos, charts generation could take an inordinate amount of time (even if the charts didn't include the memos). Fixed.
- Report definition Screen - The 'Use the Current Focus Person' checkbox didn't work.
o Fixed a variety of cosmetic or language issues.
o Fixed a handful of more obscure bugs that were reported by users.
This free v6.04.000 update requires a previous installation of v6.00.000 or later. (Users with a prior version must first apply the update to v6.00.000). To download and apply the update, run TMG, access the Help menu and choose "Check for an update." Alternatively, you can choose "Check for a Program Update" from the Windows Start menu > The Master Genealogist group. The update will be applied automatically. Upon restarting, the startup screen will reflect a version number of "v6.04.000."
So, DearREADERS, if you'd like to look into the latest version of THE MASTER GENEALOGISTS, check it out at: http://www.whollygenes.com/
Here is the link to the free trial offer : http://www.whollygenes.com/tmg.htm
Happy family tree climbing!